How to Loop a YouTube Video
So you found a new song on YouTube, and you can’t stop playing it.
You put it on repeat continuously, but you have to do so manually.
Isn’t there a way to loop YouTube videos?
Actually, there is a way to loop YouTube videos!
YouTube has implemented many ways for its users to loop their videos.
In this article, we’ll explain to you all the ways to play the same video over and over again. Learn:
- How to loop a YouTube video on a browser
- How to loop a YouTube video in iPhone
- Other ways to loop YouTube videos
How To Loop a YouTube Video On A Browser
Let’s get to the meat. You can loop a video on your computer on any browser.
The process works for Windows and MAC computers.
If you were wondering how to repeat youtube videos, just follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Open YouTube on your favorite browser.
- Step 2: Search for the video you want to loop.
- You can either use the search bar or play a video on the home screen.
- Step 3: Select a video from your search results. Play the video.
- Step 4: Right-click the video.
- Step 5: On the contextual menu, click the Loop Option.
That should make the video play forever. Or at least until you tap the pause icon.
Note: If looping doesn’t work, YouTube might not be working. There are many ways to fix the issue, but they depend on which device you use YouTube on.
A fix for Android might not work for an iPhone.
How to Loop a YouTube Video on iPhone
If you are a MAC fan that prefers watching videos on the app, you can actually loop in there as well!
Here’s how to repeat youtube videos:
- Step 1: Open the YouTube app.
- Step 2: Search the video you want to loop.
- Step 3: Tap the video.
- Step 4: Tap the three dots on the screen.
- Step 5: On the drop-down menu, tap the loop option.
- Step 6: The menu will disappear, and the video will start to loop.
Now you can watch the selected video on a loop forever!
This process works for an Android device as well!
How to Loop a YouTube Video on Android
You can use the exact same process that we explained for the iPhone.
However, if you don’t want to download the YouTube app from the Google Play Store, here’s what you can do:
- Step 1: Write YouTube’s website URL on your Android browser.
- Step 2: Select press the three dots.
- Step 3: On the next screen, select Request Desktop Site.
- Step 4: The app will change to its desktop computer version.
- Step 5: Play a video.
- Step 6: Long press or make a two-finger tap to right-click.
- Step 7: Tap the loop option.
Now you can watch any YouTube video on your Android phone.
Some creators just loop their videos to find ways to improve their content.
For example, looping your background intro can help you identify its problems.
All in all, looping is a great tool for creators!
Pro Tip: The YouTube app has many unknown features! One of them is the ability to share YouTube videos on Instagram.
This feature allows influencers to share their content on other platforms.
Create A Playlist For Looping YouTube Videos
An old-school way for looping videos is to create a YouTube playlist.
It is a technique that many used before you could loop videos. And it still works!
You can use this method on your Android phone or any device.
Here’s how you create a new playlist:
- Step 1: Select a single video or videos to loop.
- Step 2: For each video, tap the save button. It’s on the bottom right corner of the video player.
- Step 3: Name the playlist and add as many videos as you want.
- Step 4: Once your new playlist is ready, access your library by clicking on your profile icon.
- Step 5: Tap on the created playlist.
- Step 6: Once the playlist is playing, tap on the repeat icon. It’s the icon with two arrows making a loop.
- Step 7: Hit the play icon.
The created playlist will start to play! You can create multiple playlists.
You’ll need to sign in to your YouTube account to create a playlist.
If you can’t sign in to YouTube, your account might have an issue. Check our article on the subject.
Other Ways To Loop YouTube Videos
In the old days, people used other websites to loop videos. Some sites like Infinite Looper are still running.
You can Google the site, copy links from videos you want to loop, and paste them there.
The website will automatically start playing the video.
The best part is that those sites don’t require you to sign in to the app.
Finally, if you don’t want to create a playlist or can’t access YouTube features for any other reason, you could use third-party apps.
Be careful when using them, as those apps may ask you for personal information.
Loop YouTube Video FAQ
How Do I Get A YouTube Video To Loop?
Open a YouTube video you want to loop. Play it. Right-click the video, select Loop. The option is on the top right corner of the screen.
This process works for both the Android and iPhone YouTube mobile app.
Is YouTube Loop The Same As Repeat?
Yes, they are. People use the term “repeat button” and loop button interchangeably. Both will loop videos from your home screen.
The process works on any device like an Android phone.
Karen is a senior technical writer and copywriter here at GrowFollowing. Her area of expertize are social media apps and new media.