How to Add Text to Tiktok
The TikTok app took the world by storm a couple of years back.
Now, it has over 1 billion monthly active users!
With a great video editor tool, everyone can easily upload videos with little to no knowledge about video editing.
And of the most used features of the app is the text button.
Adding text to TikTok videos can help you make jokes, have captions, and simply explain the content of a video.
It’s a user-friendly feature that will make your next video look more professional.
But how do you add text to your TikTok videos?
In this guide, you’ll learn how to use and customize the text on your TikTok videos.
- How to add text to TikTok
- How to edit text on a TikTok video
- Making the most of text with TikTok videos
How To Add Text To TikTok
You can add Text to your TikTok videos during the video preview window.
To add text to TikTok, you’ll first need to record videos.
Here’s our step-by-step guide:
- Step 1: Open TikTok.
- Step 2: Tap the + icon on the bottom center.
- Step 3: Tap the red record button.
- Step 4: Record TikTok videos or upload a post from your camera roll.
- Step 5: On the bottom right corner, tap the checkmark.
- Step 6: Tap the text icon.
- Step 7: Write something on the TikTok text editor.
- You can add captions.
- Drag the text layer around.
- Make a funny remark with text.
- Step 8: Press the play button to watch the video preview.
- Step 9: Publish your post!
Text is used to highlight something you see on screen or a specific audio part.
When people watch videos, they don’t always listen to them, so text is excellent for giving context clues to your viewers.
How To Edit Text On A TikTok Video
Whenever you tap the Text option on TikTok, you’ll be taken into the editing options.
From there, you can modify:
- Font styles and font options.
- Text color.
- Use different styles of background for the Text box.
- Text alignment.
To modify the size, you can simply pinch the Text with two fingers two make it smaller or open your fingers wide to make it bigger.
You can also add effects or add stickers to the text by using the regular edit features of a video.
You can access them from the top right corner of the screen.
Once you select your preferred font for the video, it’ll be time to upload content.
Just tap or double-click the next button on the right side of your screen.
If by any chance, you can’t select edit or change the text style, your app might not be working.
However, most TikTok issues can easily be fixed by restarting the app.
Change The Duration Of On-Screen Text
The duration feature allows you to modify the duration of a text on TikTok.
It’s helpful in case you want to add more text or simply just want to make a quick remark.
- Step 1: Simply tap text on TikTok.
- Step 2: A text menu will pop up with the following options:
- Set duration.
- Step 3: Select set duration.
- Step 4: Use the editing bar (sliding scale) to modify the duration of text.
- If you tap and drag the text to the left side, the duration will be shorter.
- If you tap and drag to the right side, it’ll be longer.
Making The Most Of Text With TikTok Videos
Adding text to a video helps to clarify the content on the screen.
Not all TikTok users are native English speakers, so having a text description will help a video reach more people.
Subtitles will help non-native speakers understand the message of a video.
It may take a while to write the subtitles, but you’ll generate more views.
Text is also great to make funny remarks or explain the context of a video.
Sometimes it’s better than having audio distracting you from watching the video.
People also use text when they upload recipes or instruction videos.
Lastly, text simply helps you make more engaging videos; it is that simple.
Try it out!
If you liked this article, don’t forget to check our other TikTok guides on the website.
TikTok Text FAQ
How Does Text Appears On TikTok?
Content Creators can add text to TikTok videos by using the text feature.
It’s a small icon that appears when you finish recording a video.
Text helps people understand a video better.
It’ll increase your engagement with your viewers.
How Do I Add Text To A Slideshow TikTok Video?
If you want to add text to a TikTok slideshow, the process is similar.
You’ll need to use a template.
TikTok slideshows are a type of post that show multiple pictures.
Try the different templates, as there are some seasonal ones that may not come back.
Karen is a senior technical writer and copywriter here at GrowFollowing. Her area of expertize are social media apps and new media.