TikTok Green Screen: How To Do Green Screen on TikTok
TikTok users are some of the most creative people in the world.
And that’s no surprise considering the app has over 689 million users.
But amongst the sea of videos that people upload to the app, one type of TikTok video rules over the rest: a green screen video.
Green screens on TikTok are one of the most popular effects on the platform.
By making green screen videos you can easily go viral!
If you plan to become a TikTok star, you need to learn how to use TikTok’s green screen.
Here’s what you need to know about one of the most popular features of the app:
- How to do a green screen on TikTok.
- The different green screen effect types.
- Do you need to have an actual green screen on TikTok?
How To Do A Green Screen On TikTok
You just need to use the green screen effect on TikTok.
It’s a fundamental effect that any account can use, regardless of its number of followers.
Learn how to use the green screen effect:
- Step 1: Open TikTok.
- Step 2: Press the + icon on the bottom row. It’s the one on the bottom center.
- Step 3: On the bottom left corner, tap the effects button.
- Step 4: On the effects menu, tap green screen.
- Step 5: Pick greens screen effect!
- Step 6: Take your time trying all the available effects.
If you want to cancel the TikTok video, just tap the X icon on the upper left of the screen.
Remember that you can get TikTok on both the Apple app store and the Google play store.
Use The Green Screen Effect With Multiple Pictures
The green screen effect on TikTok allows you to use various images and pictures.
The general idea is that you create a small universe within your TikToks.
Here’s how you do it:
- Step 1: Follow all the steps described above, but pick the photo background effect.
- You can choose a custom background by clicking on the + icon.
- Step 2: Tap the record button to begin recording.
- Step 3: Stop recording and tap the green screen feature again.
- Step 4: Pick a different image.
- Step 5: Hit record again.
- Step 6: Repeat as many times as necessary to upload multiple photos.
When you finish recording,
Use Green Screen Effects With Videos
You can also use a TikTok video clip as a background.
To make a green screen video, here’s what you need to know:
- Step 1: Follow the steps described above to put the green screen effect on TikTok. As a reminder, it’s on the bottom left.
- Step 2: Tap a green screen video effect.
- Step 3: Choose the plus icon to select a video background from your camera roll.
- Step 4: Record a new video.
Remember to use other effects on the sidebar.
The Different Green Screen Effect Types
As of today, there are over 30 green screen effects on TikTok.
These are the most popular green screen effects on TikTok’s library:
- Virtual backgrounds: Either video or photo image.
- Only eyes and mouth. You only see your eyes on an object.
- The mind green-screen effect. It’s when a still image appears on your brain.
TikTok deletes and adds different green screen background effects per season.
You can check the menu each month to see if you find something new.
Do You Need To Have An Actual Green Screen On TikTok?
No, you don’t need to have a green screen to record green screen videos on TikTok.
The app fills the background for you.
The app really made it, so the green screen feature was accessible to everyone else before social media stars had to invest in equipment and editing software.
And today, everyone can use it.
Just be careful with the content you use.
Use Another Person’s Video As A Green Screen
You can use the green screen duet feature.
It’s like the Stitch feature but easier to use.
The TikTok duet feature allows you to take someone else’s TikTok post, be it a photo image or a video.
To use the duet feature, just tap the arrow icon (the arrow pointing to the right) and tap Duet.
Duet works with a photo image or any video.
Once you upload it, the feature will automatically tag the other user.
TikTok Green Screen FAQ
Why Isn’t My Green Screen Working On TikTok?
If you can’t use green-screen effects, there might be an issue with the TikTok app.
Try reinstalling it or simply deleting the cache.
What Does Green Screen Mean On TikTok?
It’s a basic effect that, unlike other effects, allows users to create fun videos combining different videos and photos together.
Think of them as interactive video calls.
Karen is a senior technical writer and copywriter here at GrowFollowing. Her area of expertize are social media apps and new media.