How to See Your Comments on TikTok
Have you ever posted a comment on an existing video on TikTok, and then wanted to see how that comment was doing?
Perhaps you received many likes, or maybe the comment was so good that the content creator set it as a pinned comment!
Whatever your motives are, it is with mentioning that looking for comments you make on your TikTok account is not as easy as you think.
Worry not - today’s post on our website will give you and other users the information you need to know about:
- How to see your comments on TikTok;
- How does looking for your comments on the TikTok app work?;
- Things to know before you look for comments on a TikTok page.
Can You See All the Comments You Made On TikTok Videos?
According to TikTok on their support page, there is no direct way to look for your old comments on the platform.
Unlike Facebook, where there is such a thing as a comment history, TikTok has no similar feature on the platform.
So, imagine that you had left comments on a video’s comments section.
Then, you ask yourself, “where can I see all my comments?”
The answer to this question is quite simple: you cannot find all the comments you have posted on TikTok directly.
Your best bet would be to look for commented TikTok videos on the app and check if the comments are still there.
It is a little annoying, we know, but that’s how things work.
How to See Your Comments On TikTok
So, since there is no dedicated activity section or feature for comments alone, then you would need to follow a couple of alternatives if you want to find your old comments on the app.
All the methods consist of trying to find the videos you commented on.
These can be saved, favorite, watched, or liked videos on the app, so, without further ado, let’s do it.
Method 1: Check All the Videos You Liked On TikTok
The first method consists of checking your liked videos on TikTok.
In order to find TikTok videos that you have liked on the platform, do the following:
- Open TikTok and go to your profile page by tapping on your profile picture at the bottom right corner of the screen;
- Here, right under your account username and the edit profile section, you will see a heart icon, just above your videos section;
- Tap on the heart icon, and you will be redirected to the liked videos section.
You can also swipe left on your profile to get to the liked videos section.
Here, you can find videos that you have liked in the past, and browse through them to find each comment you have made on those videos.
Method 2: Wait for Replies On Your TikTok Comments
You can also go to the Activity Section to check replies to your comments. You can do so by following these steps:
- Open the TikTok app and select the Inbox icon at the bottom of the screen;
- Here, select the section that says “New Activities” - this will redirect you to your Activity Log;
- On this screen, you will receive every single reply to the comment you made on a certain TikTok video.
Of course, only people who reply to your comment will appear here, so if no one replies, the comment won’t appear here.
Method 3: Find TikTok Comment On Your Favorite TikTok Video Section
When you mark a video as Favorite on TikTok, the video will go to your favorite tab on your profile.
So, in order to access it, do the following:
- Launch TikTok and go to your profile;
- Look for the favorite toggle icon - it looks like a little bookmark;
- Here, you will see each favorite video, collection, sound and effect you have saved;
- Side scroll to Videos, and look if you have commented on any of these videos before.
Method 4: Find TikTok Comments On Recently Watched Videos
At last, you can also check your comments on a video if you go to your Watch History inside the app:
- Go to your profile, and on the top right corner of the screen, tap Settings;
- Tap Privacy Settings;
- Scroll down until you see the Watch History section;
- All your watched videos will appear in chronological order, and there’s a high chance that you commented on some of these videos, so review them one by one to see if that’s the case.
Why Can’t I Find Comments On TikTok?
Are you sure that you left a comment on a video of your friends, your followers, or simply a random video, but now you can’t find it? Then it might be due to some of the following reasons:
- Your comment was removed through filters: creators can add comment filters on their videos - this allows them to filter comments with bad or unwanted words without them having to tap “Delete” every time their followers post a comment;
- Users made the TikTok video unavailable for comments: the privacy symbol on a video indicates that only the friends of the creator can comment on that video. They can turn comments off even after you make a comment on said video;
- Commented videos are no longer available: maybe the video you commented on is not available anymore. This is one of the main reasons why TikTok comments are not showing.
Summary: Is There a Comment History On TikTok?
Sadly, there is no such thing as a comment history on TikTok, but don’t let that bring you down: trust on your liked, saved, and watched videos, and you will find each old comment you have made quite easily.
The Activity Section is also an option, so don’t sleep on it.
Remember that deleted comments won’t show up at all, so if creators delete your comments, that might be the reason why you cannot find them.
Get more TikTok guides here, at GrowFollowing.
Can You Find TikTok Live Comments?
No. Each comment you make on lives on TikTok disappears after the video ends, so there’s no way to recover old TikTok Live comments.
Karen is a senior technical writer and copywriter here at GrowFollowing. Her area of expertize are social media apps and new media.