How to Log Someone Out of Your Instagram
Have you noticed some suspicious activity on your Instagram account? Maybe a weird post or an odd chat message?
Someone may have logged in to your Instagram account!
Don’t worry though: you can log out of Instagram from all devices remotely.
It’s an in-app function made to protect your personal information.
In this article, you’ll learn how to log someone out of your Instagram accounts.
We’ll go over these topics:
- How to log someone out of your Instagram
- How to log out of Instagram on all devices
How to Log Someone Out of Your Instagram
You can log out of Instagram from other devices you don’t own.
To do so, you just need to access the Login activity function.
A good sign that your current password has been leaked is that you get an error message.
The most common is the “ We’ve made it easier” message.
Pro Tip: You can see all the devices where you have login to your Instagram account, check Instagram’s login activity.
It’ll show if your Instagram account is being used on someone else’s device, like a friend’s device, for example.
Log Someone Out From The Instagram App
The first thing you need to do is sign off all other users from your account.
The process works for Apple and Android devices.
To do so, just:
- Step 1: Open the Instagram App.
- Step 2: Tap your profile icon.
- Step 3: On the top-right corner, tap the hamburger icon.
- Step 4: Go to Settings > Security > Login Activity.
- Step 5: From here, you’ll see all the other devices that have access to your IG account.
- Step 6: To remotely log-off, tap the three icons on all other devices.
- Step 7: Tap Log Out to do so from other devices remotely.
Log Someone Out From Your Instagram Account From A Browser
If you let your Instagram account login into your office PC, you can easily log out of it!
Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to the Instagram website.
- Step 2: Go to your profile. Click on the icon to the right side of the search sign.
- Step 3: Tap on the gear symbol to the side of the edit profile option.
- Step 4: Click on Login Activity.
- Step 5: You’ll see every current device connected to your Instagram account.
- Step 6: Tap on the arrow icon. Log out your Instagram account from other devices remotely.
Note: You may find the Instagram challenge required error message after doing so.
It happens when the Instagram app detects that you have logged on to a different device.
And since you just changed your current device password, that may explain the issue.
How to Log Out of Instagram on All Devices
You can log out from all other devices by changing your account password.
When you change your password, the app will ask all the currently logged-in devices to write the new password.
Here’s the fastest way to do so:
- Step 1: Open Instagram. Log with your current password.
- Step 2: Tap on your profile icon (profile picture).
- Step 3: On your profile page, tap the icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Step 4: Select Settings (gear icon).
- Step 5: Go to Privacy and Security > Password > Change Password.
- Step 6: Write your new password in the respective field.
Once it is done, the app will remotely log out your Instagram and all the devices on it.
It will ask other users for the login information again.
It’s the most efficient way to close active sessions at once.
If the other person tries to log in with your old password, you’ll probably get “ your Account was compromised message."
A little late there, Instagram.
Remotely logging out of Instagram becomes really handy as additional layer of security.
Sometimes, these issues are caused by others who got access to your account.
Other times, it could be third-party apps.
If an app requires your Instagram password to work, avoid it at all costs.
And stop using the same password for every app!
Was this article helpful? Make sure to share it with your friends.
Log Someone Out of Your Instagram FAQ
Can You Tell If Someone Has Logged To Your Instagram Account?
Yes, to see them, you’ll need to go to your Login Activity.
In there, you’ll see all the other devices that are currently linked to your Instagram account.
You could also change password to sign off from all devices at once.
Can You Sign Off Instagram From All Devices At Once?
Yes, you can sign off Instagram from all devices at once. You just need to change the password of your account. You can do so from the security menu.
Karen is a senior technical writer and copywriter here at GrowFollowing. Her area of expertize are social media apps and new media.