How to Clear TikTok Cache on iOS & Android
Have you ever tried to watch some TikTok videos, but all of a sudden, the app starts to slow down on your phone?
When TikTok is not working, this probably happens because there’s an excess of cached data on your device, which certainly slows it down and ruins your TikTok experience.
TikTok users must get rid of these temporary files from time to time, which is why it is imperative to learn how to clear your cache in an efficient way.
Thus, today’s point will talk to you about:
- How to clear TikTok cache;
- What does clearing TikTok cache do?;
- Things to know before you clear your cache on TikTok.
What Does Clearing Cache Do on TikTok?
When you clear your cache on TikTok, all the temporary data that the app has accumulated for a few hours or days will disappear.
This helps you free storage space on your phone, which certainly boosts performance on the app.
Other social media apps, such as Facebook and Twitter apps, also get files stored within your device, which you must free up from time to time.
There are many benefits that you’ll get once you free up space on TikTok and other apps, such as the following:
- Clearing up storage space: clearing storage space on your phone will help it run smoother and will give you more space to save and store more stuff on your mobile device;
- Get rid of TikTok bugs and issues: some bugs, such as TikTok Keep Resetting and TikTok Effects Not Showing, can disappear if you free up space and delete temporary files on the TikTok app;
- Help TikTok work better: usually, TikTok works great, but if it isn’t, then you need to delete temporary data stored on the app.
How to Clear Cache On the TikTok App (iOs and Android)
Now you know it - clearing the cache data on TikTok and other apps is imperative if you want your phone to work as it should.
Getting rid of TikTok Cache is one of the most recommended troubleshooting steps whenever TikTok is not working as it should (see TikTok Support pages for more info).
So, without further ado, let’s learn how to clear cache on TikTok quite easily.
Step 1: Open TikTok and Tap On Your Profile Icon
Open the TikTok app on your phone and go to your profile page by selecting your PFP icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Step 2: Select Settings and Scroll Down to “Cache and Cellular Data”
Now, you need to open the app settings by tapping on the three dots that appear at the top right corner of the screen.
Here, on the Settings and Privacy tab, scroll down until you find the “Cache and Cellular Data” option.
Step 3: Tap On Clear Cache Inside TikTok
Finally, tap on “Clear Cache” and the app will automatically offload all the data accumulated recently.
This will delete your searches, watch history, and more, but the app will load and run smoother than ever before.
How to Clear TikTok Cache on iPhone
The aforementioned method works within the TikTok app for mobile devices, but you can also clear cache on TikTok for iOS outside the app:
- On your iPhone’s home screen, look for the Settings App;
- Here, go to the Storage tab, and surf through the apps - tab on TikTok;
- Once you select TikTok, select the bottom that says “Offload App” - confirm your decision, and that will be all.
Then again, your search history, watch history, and more videos saved will be deleted on TikTok, and you will get rid of other issues as well.
How to Clear TikTok Cache on Android
At last, if you have an Android phone, you can also clear TikTok’s cache data by following these steps:
- Open Settings on your Android device menu;
- Here, look for the Storage option, and select TikTok;
- Select the “Free Up Space” option, and the cache files will be deleted on TikTok.
Remember that you need to confirm your decision, so your phone can proceed to entirely delete the cache on your device.
Wrapping Up: How to Clear TikTok App’s Cache
Clearing TikTok’s cache can be a great solution if you feel that the app is running slowly, or if you need to free some space on your phone.
All in all, there are two ways to do this: either delete cache inside the TikTok app, or go to your phone’s settings (iOS or Android), and delete the cache from there.
At the end of the day, both methods work well. For more TikTok guides, check all the articles that GrowFollowing has for you.
TikTok App Cache FAQ
Does Clearing Cache on TikTok Delete Drafts?
No, deleting TikTok Cache will not delete your saved draft videos on the app. You can later go back to the app and simply continue editing your draft videos even if you clear cache, so worry not.
Does Clearing TikTok Cache Reset Fyp?
No, clearing TikTok cache does not delete your FyP. Your For You Page is decided by the TikTok algorithm, whereas the cache is just temporary files that you can “afford” to delete once in a while.
Karen is a senior technical writer and copywriter here at GrowFollowing. Her area of expertize are social media apps and new media.