What Does Pinned Mean on TikTok?
Have you ever heard about the term “pinned” on TikTok?
The word “pinned” has a whole new meaning in TikTok, although it is similar to the one we can find around other social media platforms.
Either way, it is possible for new TikTok users to be clueless about this word, but worry not - we are here to save your day.
After reading this article, you will know the meaning of “pinned” in TikTok comments sections.
Read further to get precise insights into the following matters:
- What does pinned mean on TikTok?;
- How to use Pinned on comments section on TikTok;
- Other meanings of “Pinned” in social media today.
What Does Pinned Mean on TikTok Video?
“Pinned” on a TikTok video means that you are pinning or highlighting a comment on the comment section of a TikTok video.
Comment sections on TikTok and other social media platforms can get wild, but it is always important to highlight an important message on a comment thread.
That’s why TikTok understands the importance of comments on a video clip, and they constantly implement new features to increase overall engagement inside social apps.
Most features, such as the Repost Button on TikTok or the new Playlist feature on TikTok are just examples of how important viewers, stars, and other creators are to the TikTok platform.
What Does Pinning Stickers Mean on TikTok?
There’s another meaning to pinning on TikTok, and it’s related to pinning stickers. You can “pin” stickers on TikTok the moment you create videos for the platform.
If you go into editing mode, it is possible to place stickers by selecting them from the main slide bar on the left side of the screen.
Either way, pinning stickers is not the same as pinning comments, so make sure to know the differences between these two definitions.
When to Use The Pin Comments Feature on TikTok
There are plenty of different scenarios when pinning comments is a great alternative on TikTok:
- If you want to highlight crucial information, select only one comment that’s relevant enough and pin it;
- Since you cannot edit captions on TikTok, you can add a comment and pin it to set the general tone of the conversation;
- Discourage negative comments by highlighting those which actually provide something useful for the content;
- Encourage users to post similar information more often so that they can get pinned by the creator;
- In general, any creator’s favorite comment can be pinned depending on their decisions.
How to Pin a Comment on Tiktok
Now that you are aware of the advantages of the Pin Comment feature, it’s time to learn how to pin a comment!
Managing a comment section is not easy - TikTok users can be pretty annoying sometimes.
However, having a pinned comment from time to time will help users understand what you want to achieve in your comments section.
Step 1: Look for an Uploaded TikTok Video
Clearly, you can only pin comments that are already posted on a video. Therefore, look for a TikTok video you have uploaded, and open it.
Step 2: Long Press the Comment You Want to Pin
Surf through the comment section, and find the comment you want to pin. Then, you need to press the comment for a few seconds until a gray box pop-up appears.
Step 3: In the Pop-Up Menu, Select “Pin Comment”
On this new menu, you need to tap where it says “Pin Comment.” The pinned comment will now go all the way up the comments box and will be highlighted in a grey box.
That’s how you pin a comment on TikTok!
How to Remove Pinned Comment on TikTok
In case you have accidentally pinned a comment that you didn’t want to pin, this is what you must do:
- Go to the video where the pinned comment is. Find it, and long-press it;
- Then again, the menu will open. Here, you need to tap where it says “Unpin Comment;”
- Now, the comment will no longer be pinned on that video.
The pinning feature is one of the most useful and relevant ones on the TikTok platform, so don’t hesitate to use it!
Get more TikTok content here, at GrowFollowing.
Do You Get a Notification if Someone Pins Your Comment on Tiktok?
Yes, you do! Whenever a creator pins your comment, you will receive push notifications on the app telling you that they did so.
Karen is a senior technical writer and copywriter here at GrowFollowing. Her area of expertize are social media apps and new media.