Snapchat Is Crashing? Here’s Fix
There’s nothing more frustrating than a mobile app crashing when you need to use it the most - we all have been there!
Many Snapchat users have reported crashing problems on the app when they try to open Snapchat.
Then Snapchat crashes, and it becomes impossible to use all the features that the app has for us, but why does this happen, and more importantly, how do we fix it?
Today’s guide will tell you exactly what to do if the Snapchat app keeps crashing on your phone - we always know what to do when Snapchat is not working.
Read further to learn more about these matters:
- Snapchat is crashing on your phone? This is why;
- Why does Snapchat keep crashing?;
- Best fixes to solve the Snapchat app crashing error.
Why Snapchat Is Crashing? 3 Possible Reasons
Apps crashing on mobile devices are not a new thing - this has been happening since the beginning of mobile phone history.
If Snapchat won’t open because the app crashes nonstop, then this surely happens due to one of the following three reasons:
- Software errors on Snapchat: both Android and iOS devices present small bugs and errors that affect the Snapchat app’s functions. So, if Snapchat is crashing on your iPhone or Android device, then maybe it’s just a little bug;
- Problems with the Snapchat servers: when the servers of Snapchat do not work as they should, then opening the app will become impossible;
- Internal memory issues: this is one of the most common reasons why the Snapchat app keeps closing - your mobile phone does not have enough memory. Fortunately, fixing this problem is quite easy.
How to Fix Snapchat Crashing: 7 Fixes
If Snapchat keeps crashing on your phone after a while, then it is time to act.
We have identified seven possible bug fixes to this problem, so make sure to follow them one by one so you can get rid of this problem ASAP.
Fix #1: Reset Your Internet Connection
There’s a possibility that your network connection is messing with the app.
If you cannot open other apps as well, then disable your Wi-Fi network, and turn on cellular data instead.
You can do this from your phone’s home screen. Either way, keep in mind that Snapchat won’t properly work without a stable Internet connection, so beware of this.
Fix #2: Force-Close the Snapchat App
For most users, a great trick is to simply restart Snapchat. To force-quit Snapchat on your phone, simply open the App Switcher on either your iOS or Android devices.
Then, a list of all the apps that you have opened on your phone will appear on this home screen. Find Snapchat, close it, and then relaunch Snapchat.
If this does not work, then entirely restart your phone as well.
You can restart your Android phone by long pressing the power button and selecting “restart.”
If you have an iOS device, long-press the power button until the Apple logo appears, and that will do the trick.
Fix #3: Update Snapchat App
Are you sure that you are using the latest version of the Snapchat app?
You might need to update the app on your mobile OS’s app store.
This is one of the reasons why the Snapchat Loading Screen Stuck issue appears as well.
Thus, if you have an Android, go to the Google Play Store, locate Snapchat, and tap on the Update button.
In the same order of ideas, if you have an iPhone, go to the Apple App Store, look for Snapchat, and install the latest version of the app.
Finally, launch Snapchat, and see if you can now open it.
Fix #4: Enable Background App Refresh
Background app refresh is a useful feature that allows background apps to work even if you are not using them. To activate it, do the following:
- On your phone’s homescreen, look for Settings;
- Then, select General, and tap on the Background Refresh icon;
- Here, select the Snapchat icon, and make sure that the toggle is turned on.
You might as well disable unauthorized apps that might be consuming more resources than they should.
Fix #5: Clear Snapchat Cache
One of the best ways to solve the Snapchat keeps crashing issue is to entirely clear the app’s cache. Clearing these temporary files will free up the app’s memory as well as ensure app’s smooth performance on your phone.
- Go to Settings on your phone and look for the Apps Tab (Android) or Storage Tab (iOS);
- Here, look for the Snapchat app icon, and tap on it;
- Finally, select the “Clear Cache” button on Android, or “Offload App” on iOS.
Fix #6: Close Any Third-Party App
Some recent apps might be messing with Snapchat’s performance, which prevents it from opening.
Our recommendation would be that you close any other app that you have open on your phone. Disabling VPN almost always does the trick, so go for it if that’s your case.
Fix #7: Delete and Reinstall Snapchat
If nothing works for you, then it is time to delete Snapchat. Your account information won’t get lost, so don’t worry.
Look for Snapchat on your phone’s homescreen, and long-tap its icon. Tap Remove App on iOS, or tap Delete App on Android.
Then, go back to Apple or Google Applications Store, and install Snapchat again.
Open Snapchat, log in to your account, and see if you can properly use the app now.
Wrapping Up: Snapchat Keeps Crashing On iPhone and Android
Snapchat crashing on your phone is a real headache - we are quite aware of it. Fortunately, you can quickly fix it by following these five tips:
- Check your connection - switch from Wi-Fi to mobile data if necessary;
- Force-close Snapchat and make sure to have the app updated to the latest Snapchat version;
- Make sure that background refresh is enabled on your phone;
- Delete Snapchat’s cache files regularly;
- If nothing else works, entirely delete and then reinstall the Snapchat app.
That’s how you solve crashing problems on Snapchat, thanks to GrowFollowing.
Can Snapchat Customer Service Help with the Snapchat Crashing Issue?
Unlikely. The Snapchat crashing problem is mostly related to data corruption within the app, general platform problems, or hardware inconveniences on your phone. Unless the issue happens due to something on your Snapchat account (like a “shadowban”), then the Support Team can’t do anything about it. Either way, you can contact Snapchat Support by clicking here.
Karen is a senior technical writer and copywriter here at GrowFollowing. Her area of expertize are social media apps and new media.