How To Share Playlist on Apple Music
The Apple Music app has an unique library of music that sets it apart from other streaming music platforms.
The key difference being the ability to share playlists with better audio quality songs.
Apple Music is a must for audiophiles across the world.
But the platform is not perfect, as sharing songs is not as easy as it seems.
If you were trying to share a playlist from your library and don’t how to do it, we’ll teach you:
- How to share playlist on Apple Music.
- How to share playlist on your profile.
- How to view shared playlists on Apple Music.
We hope this guide proves useful to you!
How To Share Playlist on Apple Music
When you share a playlist you are opening up to someone.
Music defines us, and whatever tracks you’ve put on the playlist say something about you.
Sharing a playlist doesn’t take long, and can be done on all Apple related platforms.
If you want to share a playlist, make sure the other user has Apple Music.
As they won’t be able to listen to it without an account.
Here’s how you share music on an iPhone, iPad and Mac computer from Apple Music.
How to Share A Playlist In Apple Music From An IPhone
Most users have Apple Music on their mobile devices.
That’s because having music on the go is the best!
Nothing beats listening to your favorite songs while jogging or riding the subway.
It makes a mundane trip into an amazing one.
If you have some cool playlists you want to share with the world, here’s how you share them.
This method works for both an iPad and an iPhone.
- Step 1: Open the Apple Music app.
- Step 2: In your library, find the playlist you want to share.
- Step 3: Tap the three dots icon at the top right corner.
- Step 4: Tap share playlists to see the share options.
As a note, we recommend you to edit the name of the playlist so it’s easier to search for when sharing.
How to Share An Apple Music Playlist From A Mac
The process is basically the same as before, just that instead of using Apple Music, you’ll use iTunes.
Don’t worry, they are the same thing, they just have a different name.
Open iTunes on your Mac, then:
- Step 1: Open Apple Music
- Step 2: Now select the playlist you want to share.
- Step 3: When you know which one to share, tap the three dots icon on the top right corner.
- Step 4: Tap share playlists and select an option.
As an Apple music subscriber, you can also download songs to your Mac so you can listen to them offline.
How to Share Playlists on Your Profile
You are able to share your playlist to your profile.
This way, every user will see it when they go into your profile.
It’s an easy way to share songs with friends without having to send them a link. Simply remind them where to find them!
To do so, just:
- Step 1: In Apple Music, select a playlist
- Step 2: Tap the edit button.
- Step 3: When you tap the edit button, the screen will change and a toggle in and off option will appear. It’s called “Show on My Profile and in Search”.
- Step 4: Tap Done.
If you want, you could do so for all the lists you have created.
This way, your friends will see the playlist when they see your profile.
You can also modify your profile if you choose to go to settings, but that’s a topic for another article.
How To View Shared Playlists In Apple Music App
You can also search for your friends playlists from the app!
As long as they’ve shared them after they created them, they’ll appear on their profile site.
- Step 1: Open Apple Music.
- Step 2: On the bottom of your screen, tan “For You”.
- Step 3: Tap on your Apple Music profile icon on the top right corner.
- Step 4: Tap view profile.
- Step 5: Tap one of your friends on Followers or Following.
- Step 6: Your friends playlists
Any person can share music this way! And it adds a level of customization to the app.
It’s easier to know what people are listening to, and what type of music they like.
Share Playlist on Apple Music FAQ
Does Apple Music Have Playlists?
Yeah, they do. Sharing playlists between friends is quite common on the software.
You can share them and link them to other places.
However, the other user will need to have an Applemusic account to listen to it.
How Many Playlists Can You Have On Apple Music?
There seems to be no limit, so you can make a playlist for all your family members.
As long as you have space in your computer, you can download all of them as well.
Karen is a senior technical writer and copywriter here at GrowFollowing. Her area of expertize are social media apps and new media.