How To Fix “Tweets Aren’t Loading Right Now”
Imagine that you are trying to check tweets on your phone, but they aren’t loading.
Apparently, there’s a problem with the app, but what’s happening exactly?
The “Tweets Aren’t Loading Right Now” message can happen to a laptop or notebook computer as well, so this isn’t a thing exclusive to phones.
One thing’s for sure: we need to get Twitter working properly again.
Fortunately, we at GrowFollowing are experts who know how to fix issues!
Keep reading today’s post on our site to get more information about:
- How to fix “Tweets Aren’t Loading Right Now;”
- What to do if a tweet is not loading on your device;
- Best ways to get Twitter issues fixed in no time.
What Does “No Loading Tweets” Mean on Twitter?
“Tweets Aren’t Loading Right Now” is an error message that appears whenever the platform is unable to load the latest tweets on your profile.
Although, in most cases, users just need to wait for a while and refresh the app drawer to see each tweet, the truth is that this problem has caused plenty of trouble on this online platform.
It’s not like you muted someone on Twitter - instead, you can’t see no one’s tweets on your account, which is frustrating.
Fortunately, there’s a way to get rid of this issue and see recent Tweets efficiently once again.
How to Fix “Tweets Aren’t Loading Right Now”
Fortunately, there are multiple fixes that you can perform to Twitter if the tweets data is not loading on your profile.
Depending on the device you use (computer or phone), the solutions will be different, so let’s get to it.
How to Fix Not Loading Tweets on the Twitter App
Both Android and iOS users experience mobile Twitter failures from time to time.
In the case of not loading Tweets, then you need to do the following.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
First and foremost, check your Internet connection. You can run a speed test or unplug the power cable of the router to reset your connection.
If other apps are running slow as well, then you can try to use your mobile data.
It’s always a bad idea to load recent tweets using a bad connection!
2. Use Your Device’s Mobile Browser
Log in to your account using Twitter on your mobile browser instead of the app.
If you can indeed open your account and see all recent tweets from there, then we are talking about a strict problem with the application.
Otherwise, move on to the next fix.
3. Delete the Twitter Apps’ Cache
Temporary data gathered by Twitter can slow down your phone.
In this case, depending on the device you have (Android or iOS), you need to delete cache:
- On your device’s home screen, find the settings menu;
- Look for all your apps, and tap on “Twitter;”
- After you tap on “Twitter,” you will see a button that says “Clear Cache.” Tap on it, and check if you can now load all comments efficiently. Otherwise, move onto the next fix.
4. Uninstall or Update Twitter On Your Android Smartphone or Apple iPhone
Perhaps your phone app is outdated. In this case, do the following:
- If you have an Android smartphone, go to Google Play Store and search for the latest version of the Twitter App;
- On the other hand, iPhone users must go to the App Store and do the same thing.
You might as well delete and install the app again to see if that solves the trouble.
5. Change Your Twitter Timeline Preferences
Sometimes, your top Tweets will be tailored in a different way than recommended - this will prevent you from seeing each comment on the app.
- Open the Twitter app on your Android or Apple iPhone and tap on the Star Icon,
- In this pop-up menu, select “Switch Timeline;”
- Tap on “See Latest Tweets Instead.”
Changing your content preferences usually does the trick.
You might as well need to turn off sensitive content on Twitter to get the app working properly again.
Remember that Twitter protects sensitive information and posts for all users.
How to Fix Not Loading Tweets on Twitter Website
If you prefer to use Twitter on your laptop or notebook computer, then these fixes are for you. Once again, make sure that your Internet service is working as it should.
1. Clear Cache on Your Web Browser
Depending on the browser you have, you need to look for the Clear Cache option.
You can usually find it next to the history tab. Go to settings on your browser, type in “Cache,” and clear all web cache. Then, try to load the Twitter website again.
2. Use a Different Browser or Disable Browser Extensions
If you use Google Chrome, switch to Firefox. If you use Firefox, switch to Google Chrome.
If you try to log in from both browsers but the Twitter website is not loading either way, then move onto the following fix.
3. Access Another Twitter Account
Log in to another Twitter account directly on the website.
In case the “Tweets Aren’t Loading Right Now” message still appears, then we are not talking about an account problem.
Perhaps Twitter servers are down at the moment, which you can check on the Twitter Status website.
4. Contact Twitter Support Team
If you have tried everything but nothing seems to work, your last resort is to report your problem to the Twitter Support Team.
Tell them that you can’t load your Tweets from any device, and they should come back to you with a proper solution.
That will be all for now! We hope you get your Twitter problems sorted out. For more Twitter guides, GrowFollowing is the best site around.
Why Can’t I See Other People’s Posts on Twitter?
Perhaps they have blocked you, or maybe your Internet is not working as it should.
Nevertheless, if you indeed can see other tweets, but not the ones from a specific person, then they have surely unfriended your account.
Karen is a senior technical writer and copywriter here at GrowFollowing. Her area of expertize are social media apps and new media.