How to Have No Profile Picture on TikTok
Not all users who create an account on the TikTok app wish to be found on the platform.
Many TikTok users create a new profile page with a random username, but, surprise! When the moment to set a profile pic comes, you’ll realize that the platform asks you to do so.
So, can you have no profile image on TikTok?
If you look around, you will realize that you must upload photo yes or yes - it’s not optional.
Nonetheless, there are a couple of workarounds you might apply to get rid of your TikTok profile picture, and in this step-by-step guide on our site, we are going to cover them all.
Keep on reading this post to learn more about:
- How to have no profile picture on TikTok;
- Simple steps to have no profile picture on TikTok;
- Things to know before you change profile picture on TikTok.
Can You Have No TikTok Profile Picture On Your Account?
There is no option to have no profile picture on TikTok.
If you try to delete your current profile picture, an error message will pop up.
This is a common problem that many users have because the profile picture appears everywhere, such as on short videos previews, the comment section, and more.
The thing is that TikTok needs certain information from their users, such as phone number on TikTok and profile images as well.
Nonetheless, you can indeed edit your profile to choose a new picture that makes you look like you have no TikTok photo whatsoever.
How to Have No Profile Profile Picture On TikTok
If you make some tweaks on TikTok on your phone, whether you use an Android phone or an iOS device, you will realize that, unlike Facebook and Instagram, you cannot simply delete your PFP.
So, how do you get rid of profile pictures on TikTok?
In That case, we will show you on our site three options that can be the right solution you are looking for.
Method 1: Select New Profile Pictures
The first method consists of simply changing photos on the TikTok app to images that you cannot be recognized with.
You can choose a simple background of a single color, or find a generic photo and use it.
You can also set a transparent image (transparent PNG format) on TikTok if you want.
This is what you have to do:
- First, download a photo, background, or image you would like to use on your mobile device;
- Then, open TikTok, and tap Profile;
- On your profile page, tap Edit Profile and select Change Photo;
- Select Upload Photo, and your phone gallery will open;
- Browse through your gallery, and find the image you want to upload. Remember to upload an image that has nothing to do with you.
Method 2: Use a Blank Profile Picture
If you don’t want to put a random profile picture on the app, you might as well go with the classic blank profile picture that appears on other social media platforms when someone doesn’t have a profile picture on TikTok.
This is the image we are talking about:
Just save that image to your phone, open TikTok, go to your TikTok profile by tapping on the profile picture on the bottom right corner of the screen, select Edit Profile, and upload that standard “no image” profile picture.
Method 3: Use a Profile Video On TikTok
It is also possible to set a profile video on your TikTok account instead of an image if you please:
- Open TikTok, tap on your profile picture, and select Edit Profile once again;
- Here, select Change Profile Video;
- Select a short video, and set it up as your video profile. Remember that videos should be short enough for the app to accept them on your account.
How to Fix TikTok Profile Picture Not Showing
If your profile picture is not showing, or if you cannot change PFP on TikTok, then this is happening due to three main reasons:
- The TikTok app is outdated: update TikTok on your Android or iPhone, and then check if the app works well after you do so - it should!;
- Your Internet connection is failing: make sure to reset your WiFi connection or change it to cellular data in case TikTok features are not working;
- Your account has been banned or blocked: if you set a profile picture that does not comply with TikTok guidelines, then the picture won’t show again, and you will be temporarily or permanently banned from the platform.
Summary: TikTok No Profile Picture
You won’t find an option to remove your profile picture on TikTok, but you can indeed find a loophole in the TikTok PFP requirements:
- Set a random profile picture that no one will ever relate to you;
- Download the standard blank profile picture image and set it as your PFP;
- Set a video as your “PFP” in case you don’t want to use photos.
GrowFollowing is always providing you with the latest TikTok guides, so check our website constantly for more related information!
What’s the Ideal TikTok PFP Size?
The ideal size for a TikTok PFP is 200x200 pixels. According to TikTok, your PFP must be at least 20x20 for it to be uploaded on the platform without errors.
Karen is a senior technical writer and copywriter here at GrowFollowing. Her area of expertize are social media apps and new media.