How to Pay for Apple Music
Apple Music has become a top competitor in the music streaming industry.
If you have an Apple Device, then this is perhaps your first option in the event you want to have a reliable music app.
But how do you pay Apple Music bill? Can you do it directly with your Apple Wallet app, or are there some little workarounds that you must perform?
This guide on our website will show you all the in-detail information you are looking for about the following topics:
- How to pay for Apple Music;
- What to know before you pay Apple Music bill;
- Different payment options for the Apple Music App that you should get to know.
How Much is Apple Music Subscription?
If you wonder how much is Apple Music, then we recommend you check our related article to learn more about this matter.
Either way, there are three plans on this streaming service for music and music videos, and we can summarize them like this:
- Apple Music Student plan, which is $2.99 per month;
- Apple Music Individual Plan, which starts at $5.99 and allows you to download music to your library;
- Apple Music Family Plan, which is $8.99 per month and lets you share your account with up to six people.
Thus, when you sign up for an iTunes account, you must choose the plan that better suits your needs, and then manage your preferred payment method on the app’s interface.
Some phone providers let you pay Apple Music subscription on your mobile phone billing, but this isn’t always the case, we must look into alternatives that work for us.
How to Pay for Apple Music
You can choose any payment method you like to pay Apple Music subscription once you create your Apple Account.
Depending on the payment method you choose, paying Apple Music subscription might have different steps.
So, let’s learn how to pay Apple Music with different payment options right away!
1. Pay for Apple Music with Credit or Debit Card
Did you know that even if you don’t have an Apple Device you can still use Apple Music? In this case, you can pay Apple Music subscription with your credit or debit card normally on your PC or Android phone.
- If you have an Android, download the Apple Music app on the Google Play Store;
- If you have a PC, download the iTunes Store app on it;
- Then, select the plan you like the most, and set up Apple ID account and Apple ID password;
- The platform will ask you to input your credit or debit card details;
- Confirm that you are inputting the correct debit card payment information, and save the changes.
Remember to enable or re-enable automatic renewal, so you don’t have to add your payment information once again in the future.
2. Pay for Apple Music with Apple ID on Your iPhone
If you have an Apple device, such as an iPhone or iPod Touch, you can easily pay your Apple Music bill with the Apple ID linked to Apple Pay.
There are multiple payment options that you can add to fund your Apple ID balance, such as cards, financial apps, and so on.
Then, you can pay for your Apple Music subscription like this:
- Open the Settings App to go to your iPhone settings;
- Once you open the Settings App, select View Apple ID, and then go to Apple Pay;
- Here you will find an option that says “Manage Payments;”
- Your Apple Music subscription will appear here. You need to select the linked payment method on your Apple Pay ID - this will be used to pay your Apple Music Bill on a month-to-month basis.
3. Pay for Apple Music with Apple Music Gift Cards
It is also possible to use an Apple Music Card to pay for your Apple Music subscription in just a matter of seconds.
You can learn more about Apple Gift Cards by clicking here.
- Open the Apple App store and select your profile picture;
- Here, select “Redeem Gift Card;”
- The app will ask you to scan the card or input the code;
- Once redeemed, the funds will go to your Apple ID, which can be used as the main payment information for your subscriptions.
4. Pay for Apple Music with PayPal Account
It is also possible to select PayPal as your main payment method for Apple Music.
- Set up your Apple Music account, and then go to the Settings App on your phone;
- Go to your Apple ID, and tap on the Add Payment Method button;
- Here you will be prompted to sign in to your PayPal account in order to link it;
- Once you link PayPal, it will be used for further Apple Music subscription payments.
5. Pay for Apple Music with iTunes Gift Card
Last but not least, iTunes Gift Cards can also be used to pay for Apple Pay.
- Go to the Apple App Store and select Redeem Card on Settings;
- Input the iTunes Gift Card details here;
- The funds will go to your Apple ID. Thus, select “Manage Apple Music Subscriptions” and select these funds as your main payment method.
From now on, your selected payment alternative will be saved for further purchases.
Remember that you can cancel or change your Apple Music plans whenever you want.
For more Apple Music guides, you can count on GrowFollowing.
Is Apple Music the Same as iTunes?
Not quite. You had to purchase each song or music video on the iTunes Store. Now, Apple Music offers streaming music wherever you go.
They work alike, but they are not the same thing. You can still access your content library from Windows or Mac on iTunes whenever you want.
Karen is a senior technical writer and copywriter here at GrowFollowing. Her area of expertize are social media apps and new media.