How to Find Saved Videos on YouTube (EASY Way)
Have you ever seen a YouTube video and thought, “hey, this is a nice video to watch later on with someone”? This has happened to all of us!
Fortunately, YouTube allows you to save videos within the Google video platform, and you can check them later quite easily.
But how do you find a saved video on YouTube?
If you are having problems trying to find a saved playlist or video, then this blog post is for you.
Keep on reading this post to get more info about:
- How to find saved videos on YouTube;
- Finding a saved video on both computer and mobile devices;
- How to find downloaded videos and liked videos on YouTube as well.
How to Save Videos On YouTube
You can save a video on YouTube using the “Watch Later” option available on all YouTube versions.
In order to save a video on the platform, just do the following:
- Open YouTube and use the search icon to look for new videos to watch;
- Open the video you want to save, and right under the video screen page, you will see some icons;
- Side scroll through these icons until you get access to the Save button;
- Click on Save, and the video will immediately be saved!
How to Find Saved Videos On YouTube
So, let’s say that you have saved some music videos to play later - how do you find them? It depends on whether you use a mobile device (Android phone or iOS devices) or a computer, but worry not - doing so is elementary, so let’s get to it.
1. Find Saved YouTube Videos on YouTube App
If you use YouTube on your iPhone or Android and want to save saved videos, you just need to follow these steps:
- Launch YouTube and on the home screen, tap on the Library icon that appears at the bottom right corner of the screen;
- After you open your Library Feed, you will see all playlists, video history and all the videos you have watched or saved on YouTube;
- Tap on the Watch Later section (right below the playlists section) and proceed with the last step;
- Finally, a list of all your saved videos will show on the screen - surf through the channel and video’s title, and that would be it!
2. Find Saved Videos On YouTube Desktop Website
If you use YouTube on a web browser, such as Google Chrome, then this is what you have to do to find saved YouTube videos on your profile:
- Open YouTube on your browser and go to the home page;
- Then, look for the Watch Later button at the left sidebar menu, right under Watched Videos and Playlists;
- Click on Watch Later, and search for the video you want to watch! Each saved video will be shown here.
How to Find Liked Videos On YouTube
So, what if you watched a great video, but you didn’t add it to Watch Later and, instead, you just liked the video on your iPhone on Android?
In that case, the YouTube video will be saved as well, as this is how you find it:
- Open YouTube and go to the Library Feed page by tapping on the Library icon;
- Here, instead of tapping on Watch Later, tap on Liked Videos, right below Playlists in the Library Section;
- Look for the video you want to watch, and enjoy your favorite videos!
If you want to look for liked videos on a browser, simply follow the same steps as mentioned in the saved videos on YouTube browser section, but instead of clicking on Watch Later, access the Liked Videos option instead.
How to Find Downloaded YouTube Videos On YouTube
You can download videos on YouTube if you have YouTube Premium!
This means that video downloads are only available if you have the paid version of the app.
This allows you to have saved YouTube videos offline for offline viewing whenever you want, and you can even choose the video quality (it depends on your Internet connection, though).
After you download YouTube videos, you can find them like this:
- To see a list of your downloaded YouTube videos, go to the library section on YouTube;
- Then, right under Playlist, you will find the Downloaded Videos option. Remember that downloading videos is only possible for Premium subscribers;
- Here, you will see a list of all your previous downloads on the YouTube app, but if you want to find them, you need to go to the Documents Folder on your phone;
- Thus, go to your phone gallery, and look for the latest video files;
- You can also open your device’s file manager and look for the video you just downloaded.
Since the download button is only available to people who pay on YouTube, there are several third-party apps and other apps that let you download YouTube videos only with the video’s URL.
But this video URL method is sometimes unreliable and unofficial, so if you want to download videos to watch offline, your best shot would be to get YouTube Premium instead.
Wrapping Up: Finding Saved YouTube Videos
Finding saved videos on YouTube is quite easy, as you can see. Let’s make a quick summary of how you do it:
- You can locate saved videos by looking for the Watch Later section inside the app, right below Playlist;
- Liked videos can also be found in Library;
- Your YouTube downloads save directly into your phone’s storage, but remember that only Premium users can officially do this.
We hope you liked this guide! Get more YouTube info here, at GrowFollowing.
Who Can Download Videos On YouTube?
According to Google, only YouTube Premium users can view downloaded videos on their own channel.
If you are not a YouTube Premium user, you can still download uploaded videos on your own YouTube account.
This means that the download option is only available for either your own uploaded and recorded videos or YT Premium users.
Karen is a senior technical writer and copywriter here at GrowFollowing. Her area of expertize are social media apps and new media.